Bible Trivia & Truths
Visit frequently and find the answers to our Bible trivia.
Teachings of Jesus
1. The Beatitudes include all, The blessed shall... except:
(A) the meek for they shall inherit the earth
(B) the poor in heart, for they shall hear from God
(C) the those who mourn, for they shall be comforted
2. Jesus taught that if you desire to become his disciple you must (True or False)
(A) Count the cost
(B) Take up your cross
(C) Leave your family
(D) Love yourself more than you love others
(E) Make a list of your sins
3. What two commandments did Jesus say were the sum of the Law and the Prophets?
(A) You should love yourself, then love God
(B) You should love your life and your family first, then love God
(C) You should love God with all your heart, soul,and mind; and love your neighbors as you love yourself
4. Finish the verse, and tell where it is found:
(A) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him ....
(B) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, ....
(C) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God ......
(D) Now faith is the substance .....
(E) For all have sinned, and .....
5. Jesus said all except:
(A) “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"
(B) “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
(C) "But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick."
(D) "...It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles."
Counting in the Bible
1. How many tribes does Israel have?
Can you name them?
2. How many of Jesus' disciples were fisherman?
Can you name them?
3. How many plagues did the Egyptians experience when God sent Moses to deliver the children of Israel from slavery?
Can you name them?
4. How long did Methuselah live?
(A) 1,000 years
(B) 850 years
(C) 500 years
(D) 969 years
5. How many books are in the Old Testament?
Can you name ten of them?
(C) Three hundred sixty-five
Answers: 1. C (Genesis 49:2-28); 2. A (Matthew 4:18, 21); 3. A (Exodus 7-11); 4. D (Genesis 5:27); 5. D (Genesis through Malachi)
Women of the Bible
1. Who was the only female judge of Israel?
(D) None of the above
2. Which two women have a book named for them in the Bible?
(A) Ruth and Esther
(B) Ruth and Sarah
(C) Mary and Joel
(D) Obadiah and Jonah
3. Who prayed for a son and dedicated her child to the Lord?
4. Who was the prophetess that told the King Josiah of Judah?
5. Who laughed at having a child in her old age?
Answers: 1. C (Judges 4-5); 2. A; 3. C (1 Samuel 1:20); 4. C (2 Chronicles 34:22-33); 5. A (Genesis 18:12)
Complete the Psalm
1. Blessed is the man that walketh not:
(A) Where his feet should not tread
(B) In the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners
(C) Away from the Lord
(D) Around in the temple when he should sit quietly
2. The fool hath said in his heart:
(A) Two plus two is five
(B) God will love me no matter how I behave
(C) I am in control of my life
(D) There is no God
3. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for:
(A) thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
(B) Your power goes before me and your love follows wherever I go.
(C) Whatever happens, I am yours
(D) I am the always happy
4. God is our refuge and strength:
(A) Who guides us safely through the wilderness
(B) A very present help in trouble
(C) Whose mighty works are known to all the ends of the earth
(D) Who never turns his back on those he has chosen
5. I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice;
(A) and he gave ear unto me
(B) and he remembered me
(C) for he saves me from my troubles
(D) and he said be of good courage
6. Let the redeemed of the Lord
(A) love him
(B) give thanks
(C) say so
(D) call on him
7. Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not
(A) me fall into temptation
(B) me stumble
(C) my enemies triumph over me
(D) me fail
8. I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually
(A) cover me
(B) be in my mouth
(C) be said
(D) go before me
9. The Lord is my light and my salvation; who shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life;
(A) why should I ask questions
(B) he is strong
(C) takes care of my enemies
(D) of whom shall I be afraid?
10. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people,
(A) and we listen to him
(B) and the sheep of his pasture
(C) because we care
(D) he is our God
Answers: 1.B-Psalm 1:1; 2.D-Psalm 14:1; 3.A-Psalm 23:4; 4.B-Psalm 46:1; 5.A-Psalm 77:1; 6.C-Psalm 107:2; 7.C-Psalm 25:1-2; 8.B-Psalm 34:1;
9.D-Psalm 27:1; 10.B-Psalm 100:3
Jesus' Death and Resurrection
1. Which Old Testament prophet foretold a Messiah who would be "pierced for our transgressions," "brought as a lamb to the slaughter," "hath poured out his soul unto death," and "was numbered with the transgressors"?
2. At the Last Supper, Jesus identified Judas Iscariot as the one who would betray him by:
(A) Handing him a piece of bread
(B) Proclaiming, "You are the man!"
(C) Kissing him
(D) Washing his feet
3. What may have been one reason Pilate was reluctant to have Jesus put to death?
(A) Pilate's wife had had a dream of Jesus' innocence
(B) Pilate had been impressed during a previous meeting with Jesus in the middle of the night
(C) Jesus healed him
(D) Pilate was a distant relative of Jesus
4. Who did Jesus speak to from the cross?
(A) Simon Peter
(B) His mother, his Father, a new believer in him, and John
(C) Mary Magdalene
(D) The soldiers who were mocking him
5. Jesus was crucified at a place called Golgotha (or Calvary), which means:
(A) Execution Hill
(B) Place of the Skull
(C) Hill of Pain
(D) Beautiful Overlook
6. How much time passed between Jesus' resurrection and his ascension into heaven?
(A) Three days
(B) One week
(C) Two weeks
(D) Forty days
7. Jesus' resurrection was first announced by:
(A) A thundering voice from heaven
(B) The disciples
(C) Two angels at the tomb
(D) The risen Jesus himself
8. The first person to encounter the risen Jesus was:
(A) Simon Peter
(B) Mary, Jesus' Mother
(C) Mary Magdalene
1. A-Isaiah 53:5,7,12;
2. A-John 13:21-30;
3. A-Matthew 27:19;
4. B-Luke 23:34, Luke 23:39-43, Luke 23:46, John 19-26-27;
5. B-John 19:17
6. D-Acts 1:3
7. C-Luke 24:1-8
8. C-John 20:10-18
What do you know about Moses?
1. How long were the Israelites in Egypt when the story of Moses begins? Exodus 12:40-41
(A) Four years
(B) Four decades
(C) Four centuries
(D) Forty days and forty nights
2. Pharaoh forced the Israelites to make bricks without ______ being provided:
3. The gold for the golden calf came mostly from:
(A) Ore found near Sinai
(B) Egyptian tombs
(D) People defeated during the Exodus
4. Why did Moses run away from Egypt?
(A) He was upset with his Mother
(B) He found out he was a slave
(C) He murdered an Egyptian
(D) He was looking for a wife
5. Why did Moses not enter the Promised Land?
(A) He was too old
(B) He was disobedient to God
(C) He did not want to go
(D) He did go to the Promised Land
Answers: 1) C; 2) C; 3) C; 4) C; 5) B